Insurance Company Tips
Take the Right Steps After Your Car Accident
Most insurance companies are massive, multi-million dollar corporations with untold resources at their disposal. More often than not, they have teams of lawyers waiting in the wings to handle their accident claims.
It's no secret that they're well versed in all Pennsylvania insurance laws, and, at the end of the day, they're a business that's out to make money. So, never assume they have your best interests at heart. Knowing how to handle an insurance company after an accident can be the difference between hundreds and thousands of dollars.
If you've been injured in a car accident, don't let pushy insurance companies force you into a low-ball settlement. Contact us today at 1-866-943-3427 or simply complete the form located to the right for a free case review. It's free to speak with our legal professionals, and there's no obligation to use our services.
5 Tips for Dealing with the Insurance Company
- Be careful what you sign – Always thoroughly read any form from an insurance company. Be wary of what the other driver's insurance company asks you to sign. If you're unsure, contact a lawyer to examine the forms. Don't sign away your rights.
- Don't give a recorded statement – The other driver's insurance company may ask to record you for "accuracy purposes." They'll attempt to trip you up, confuse the details of your story, and use your recording against you later. It's your legal right to say, "No."
- Pro and cons of preferred mechanics – If you decide to use a mechanic that your insurance company doesn't use, you may have to negotiate costs. Using a preferred provider can save you the hassles of dealing with your insurance company, but it's at the possible cost of using an unfamiliar mechanic.
- The at-fault driver's insurance company – You are able to go through the at-fault driver's insurance company or your own. Just know that they're concerned more about their bottom line than your best interests.
- Know the claims process – With teams of dedicated agents, the insurance company knows exactly how to handle the claims process. However, the problem is that most drivers don't fully understand it. Having an experienced legal professional on your side can make all the difference in your case.
Insurance companies can be extremely difficult to deal with in certain situations. If you've been injured in a car accident and are dealing with an uncooperative or unfair insurance company, call us today. Let us handle the hassles, while you focus on feeling better.
Over 30 Years of Experience and Success on Your Side
They took the mess off of my hands so that I had time to take care of myself and my daughter, and not worry about anything else. Car accident client
Indiana County, PA
Since 1982, we've recovered over $1 billion dollars for our injured clients. Visit our verdicts and settlements page for more information on the cases we've won. We fight for our clients and work to recover the maximum amount of money for their injury claims. We're standing by and we're ready to get to work for you.
Contact Us for a Free Legal Consultation
We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get started on your claim. There's no fee when you call and no obligation to use our services. Contact us at 1-866-943-3427 or complete the form located in the top right corner of this page.
You won't pay us anything until we win your case. If we don't recover money for your injuries, then you won't owe us a penny. That's been our guarantee for over 35 years. Don't hesitate. Call us today.