Pain and Suffering
What is Pain and Suffering?
Car accidents often cause damage beyond what's visible to the naked eye. More than broken glass and bent fenders, accidents can inflict serious injuries, disfigurement, and scarring that may affect you for the rest of your life. You've probably heard the phrase "pain and suffering" before, but most don't fully understand what it entails. Basically, it covers any negative change to your life that was a direct result of your accident.
Were you injured in a car accident? Contact our legal professionals for a free case review. We'll examine the details of your unique situation and determine if you have a case for compensation. Call us at 1-866-943-3427 or simply complete the form located in the top right corner of this page. There's no obligation to use our services and absolutely no fee to speak with our legal professionals.
What's Covered Under Pain and Suffering?
There are many outcomes after your car accident that may qualify you for pain and suffering compensation. Typically, they're considered "noneconomic loss" and cover things such as:
- Past/Future Pain and Suffering – Any physical pain, mental anguish, discomfort, inconvenience, or stress you've experienced because of the accident.
- Humiliation/Embarrassment – Burns, paralysis, and amputation can affect your self-confidence, leaving you ashamed of your accident injuries.
- Enjoyment of Life – Your mindset and outlook can change after an accident injury, making life feel difficult to enjoy.
- Disfigurement – Scarring and permanent damage caused by an accident or necessary surgery will stay with you forever.
- Loss of Consortium – The spouse of an injured victim may receive money if they've lost companionship and the ability to be close with their significant other because of the injuries sustained in an accident.
Whether you're confined to a wheelchair, suffered severe facial scarring, or you're simply unable to return to the life you used to live, we can help you recover the money you deserve for your injuries.