Types of Coverage
Understand the Types of Coverage on Your Car Insurance Policy
Shopping for car insurance can be a confusing and often frustrating process. Whether you're updating an existing policy or purchasing a new one, it helps to understand the unfamiliar terms that define the types of coverage listed by the insurance company. Knowing these terms will help you choose the right coverage to keep you protected if you're involved in a car accident.
Check the list below for more information regarding the types of car insurance options for your policy. As always, if you're injured in an accident, contact our law firm for a free legal consultation. Call us at 1-866-943-3427 or simply complete the form located to the right.
Types of Car Insurance Coverage
The list of different types of coverage is as follows:
- Full Tort vs. Limited Tort – Discover why paying a few extra dollars for Full Tort will protect you and your family in the event of a car accident.
- Bodily Injury Liability – Required by the state of Pennsylvania, this covers the medical costs of anyone, other than yourself, injured in an accident that's determined to be your fault.
- Property Damage Liability – Required by Pennsylvania, this covers the damage to another's property after an accident for which you were responsible.
- Collision & Comprehensive – Not required, but will cover the damages to your car after an accident or "act of God," once you pay the deductible.
- Uninsured/Underinsured – Not required in PA, but one of the most important forms of coverage to add. It will protect you against an at-fault driver who's uninsured or has limits that are too low to pay for your expenses.
- Income Loss – Not required by Pennsylvania, but this will help you recover money for time missed at work.
- Stacking – By covering all your vehicles with one insurance company, you'll be able to multiply your coverage for every car on your policy.
- Funeral Benefits – In the event of death, funeral benefits will assist you and your family with funeral expenses.
Know the Difference and Get the Right Car Insurance Policy
Most likely, car insurance is something you rarely think about – until you need it. By reviewing your insurance policy regularly, you can make sure you're prepared when an accident happens. As Ben Franklin said, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Speak with your insurance agent if you're worried about rising monthly premiums. Don't forget to shop around for the best possible price – just make sure you don't sacrifice coverage for a cheap monthly bill. While additional coverage may cost a few extra dollars per month, you'll have peace of mind knowing you're protected when you need it most.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Us Today
Get a free legal consultation when you call our law firm. There's no fee to speak with our legal professionals, and there's no obligation to use our services. Contact us at 1-866-943-3427 or simply complete the form located in the top right corner of this page.
When you hire our law firm, we'll fight to recover money for your pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. There's no fee unless we win you case. You don't pay us anything until we win compensation for your injuries. Don't hesitate. Call now.