End of Winter Motorcycle Upgrades
Upgrade Your Bike Before the Warm Weather is Here
Riding season is almost upon us, but you still have time to make a few upgrades before the weather is right. Use the last of this winter weather as an excuse to modify those parts on your bike that could use an update.
Whether it's checking for recalls, adding new parts, or any other form of maintenance, take advantage of the last bit of winter weather to work on upgrading your bike.
5 Great Off-Season Upgrades
- Headlights – Upgrading your visibility can be one of the safest steps you take this offseason. By adding the latest headlights, you can increase the ability for other drivers to notice you on the road.
- Mirrors – Being able to see is just as important as being seen. Upgrading your mirrors can help to increase your total vision while you're out for a ride.
- Seat – When you're out for a ride, you need to be comfortable to stay focused on the road. If you're too busy fidgeting from your uncomfortable seat, you could be putting yourself at risk.
- Backrest – Depending on the type of motorcycle you own, adding a backrest could definitely help you enjoy taking long rides. Having additional back support can help with your posture and overall comfort as well, helping you stay focused on safety.
- Handlebars – Do you find your arms get tired or strained on long rides? Consider adjusting the height and length of your handlebars to find the most comfortable position for your riding style.
Check For Any Recalls
Hopefully, you're keeping an eye out for recalls all year round, but the off-season is a great time to double check the recall lists. If you have any other mechanical fixes, these winter months might be a great time to visit a mechanic.
Be sure to check the National Highway and Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA.gov) to find recent motorcycle recalls and other great information for safe riding.
As you add new parts to your bike, remember to understand the risks involved with customizing your motorcycle. By applying new or different parts, you might be changing the balance of your bike or possibly voiding its warranty.
Not to mention, the parts that you add have the risk of being defective or faulty. This can lead to serious accidents and injuries. Also, make sure to have a professional install your parts. They'll know exactly what to look for when adding new items.
As the Weather Warms, Make Sure You Ride Safe
"In like a lion, out like a lamb" – that's what they say about March. So take advantage of the last weeks of winter downtime and add some updates to your bike. However, it's always smart to consult a mechanic if you plan to change any of the key components on your bike.
As always, if you're ever injured in a motorcycle accident, our legal professionals are standing by to help. It's free to call, and you're never obligated to hire our law firm. Get the legal help you need – 24/7.