Staff Giving Back: The Ebensburg Crew
I've said it before, and I'll say it again – I'm so lucky to work with such a compassionate and kind hearted group of people. I've talked before about staff members who travel, sometimes out of the country, for volunteer work. I also want to emphasize the importance of smaller charity events done closer to home. The fantastic staff at our Ebensburg office tries to do some sort of charity or volunteer project monthly, and I want to acknowledge their hard work and enthusiasm they put into their efforts.
Here are some of the projects they're involved in:
- Art in Bloom, a community event that showcases over 200 professional and amateur works of art, including student art projects.
- Potato Fest is an annual event that celebrates the community with a full day of arts, crafts, and entertainment.
- Daffodil Days is an event sponsored by the American Cancer Society. It gives daffodils to donors in the spring months in appreciation for contributions and is meant to raise awareness and good spirits.
- Relay for Life, also sponsored by the American Cancer Society, is a fundraising event that provides an opportunity to celebrate survivors, remember those lost, and fight the disease.
- Hot Chocolate for Cancer helps raise money for cancer organizations by selling hot chocolate in the cold winter months.
- The office was a recent sponsor in their local Fraternal Order of Police fundraiser, donating baskets of "freebies" and lottery tickets.
- Jennifer Matassa, a personal injury attorney at the firm, is Vice President of the Central PA division of the Notre Dame Alumni Club. Through the Alumni Club, the Ebensburg office arranged personal care items for John Paul II Manor, a facility for the elderly and disabled.
Jennifer says that, as someone diagnosed with cancer, it "really means a lot" that the office does so much to help those facing the disease.
I know how hard it is to keep up with a busy job, family life, and volunteer work. I couldn't be more proud of the way the Ebensburg crew pulls together to give back to the community. Their efforts have such a positive impact on those they help, but I know the work they do has just as much of an impact on them.