Bicycle Accident Prevention & Safety Resources
Whether you bike to get around, exercise, or spend time outside, the last thing you want is to be injured in a bicycle accident.
Preventing crashes involves everyone on the road – drivers, motorcyclists, and bicyclists alike. Use the following resources to learn more about bicycle safety, what to do if you're in an accident, how your insurance applies when you're injured as a bicyclist, and more.
And remember, if you're seriously hurt while riding your bike, contact Edgar Snyder & Associates today for a free case review. There's never a fee unless we get money for you, and we have over 30 years of experience helping accident victims get the compensation they need to move on with their lives.
Online Bicycle Resources
- Pennsylvania Bicycle Driver's Manual – a manual that gives the basics of riding safely on roads with motor vehicles, group riding, cycling at night, etc.
- PACommutes – gives tips on "Rules of the Road," such as how to ride, where to ride, navigating intersections, and dealing with tough situations
- Bike Pittsburgh – a blog site that gives information on local events, polls, a "Bike to Work" guide, safety tips, how to report unsafe road conditions, keeping a ‘just in case' card, advice on what to do after a crash, and a map showing accident locations in Pittsburgh
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center – a national website that features crash statistics and safety facts, as well as many other resources
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – provides bilingual information on bicycles, accident statistics, bicycle safety and helmet use, safe routes for schools, and more
Bicycle Safety & Accident Prevention Articles
Hurt in a Bicycle Accident?
No one wants to be injured in a bicycle accident, but unfortunately statistics show it happens all the time – especially in cities. If you, or someone you love, were hurt in an accident while biking, contact Edgar Snyder & Associates now to protect your legal rights.
Call 1-866-943-3427, or fill out the form at the top right of this webpage to get started with a no obligation, free legal consultation. Your Pennsylvania car insurance medical benefits should cover your treatment, but chances are the other person's insurance company will offer you much less than you deserve for pain and suffering. If you don't have auto insurance, or if the other person is uninsured or underinsured, it can get even trickier.
Don't trust the insurance company to look out for you. Rely on the experienced attorneys and legal staff at Edgar Snyder & Associates to help you get your life back on track. Contact us today, before evidence disappears and it's too late.