Do I Need a Lawyer?
If you were hurt on the job, you may wonder if you need a lawyer.
In many situations, it may be helpful to discuss your legal rights and responsibilities with a workers’ compensation attorney. He or she can help you make sure you don’t make mistakes and cheat yourself out of the workers’ compensation benefits you should receive.
When to Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we have spent decades helping over 7,000 workers hurt on the job get the Pennsylvania workers’ compensation benefits they deserve.
We recommend that you seek legal advice if…
- Your employer refuses to file an accident report on your behalf
- The insurance company denies your claim for workers’ compensation benefits
- You receive a letter stating that the insurance company is trying to stop paying your benefits
- You receive a notice that a petition has been filed to “terminate, modify, or suspend” your benefits
- You return to work and you get hurt again, or you aggravate a pre-existing injury, and the insurance company refuses to reinstate your benefits
- Your work injury, or surgery needed for your work injury, results in a scar on your head, face, or neck
- The insurance company offers you a lump sum of money – also known as a Compromise and Release – to settle your claim
- The insurance company offers you a lump sum of money to settle your future medical claims
- You have received workers’ compensation for more than four months and want to explore lump sum settlement options
Insurance Company Secrets
You shouldn’t have to jump through hoops just to get workers’ compensation benefits, but the insurance company may make it seem that way. They don’t want to tell you their secrets:
- Insurance companies have many lawyers focused on saving money on workers’ compensation claims. If you go it alone, you’ll be going up against an army that knows the system.
- It’s in the insurance company’s best interest to keep you waiting for your money.
- If you don’t seek legal advice and take a lump sum settlement, they don’t owe you another penny. Don’t accept a lump sum settlement until you know it’s in your best interest.
Get Free Legal Advice Today
Learn your legal rights and trust Edgar Snyder & Associates to get you all the Pennsylvania workers’ compensation benefits you are entitled to receive. If we don’t, you won’t owe us anything. There really is “Never a fee unless we get money for you.”
Don’t let the insurance company trick you into settling for less workers’ compensation than you deserve. Call 1-866-9-4EDGAR (1-866-943-3427), or complete our free legal evaluation form at the top right of this page – no strings attached.