Product Injuries in the Workplace
Were you injured by work equipment while on the job? If so, you may have many workers’ compensation questions that we can help answer. Perhaps you want to know if you can file a claim against your employer. You may wonder if the manufacturer of the machine or tool can be held responsible for your injuries.
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we know how confusing the Pennsylvania workers’ compensation legal process can be. That’s why we’ve helped over 7,000 injured workers get money to make up for missed income and pay their medical bills.
When you hire our law firm, we protect your legal rights and fight to get you the full amount of compensation you’re entitled to receive for your workplace injury. If you were hurt on the job by a product, machine, or work equipment, you may have a product case.
Workers’ Compensation and Product Injury Cases
Typically, if you’re injured on the job, you would notify your supervisor of the injury, who would file an accident report. You would work with the insurance company, see their “panel” of doctors for at least the first 90 days, and receive compensation from the insurance company in the form of workers’ compensation payments.
In Pennsylvania, you can’t sue your employer for a work injury – even if you believe the employer was negligent in some way to cause the accident. However, if a defective product led to your injury, you can puruse a product injury case in addition to a workers’ compensation claim.
You may receive additional compensation for your work injury if the manufacturer, supplier, distributor, or retailer of the product:
- Failed to adequately test or inspect the product before sending it to market
- Created the defect in the product
- Failed to discover the defect in the product
- Failed to discover that the product could be defective or dangerous
- Failed to adequately warn of the risk associated with the product
- Failed to manufacture the product correctly
- Failed to install the product correctly
Get the Maximum Amount of Compensation
If you were injured using machinery, tools, or another type of product while on the job, your situation is much more complicated. You may be entitled to workers’ compensation and have a product injuries case – but how can you make sure you receive the full amount of money you deserve?
You need a lawyer who understands both Pennsylvania workers’ compensation cases and defective product lawsuits. At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we have decades of experience handling both.
Here are a few examples of cases we’ve handled in the past:
- $9 million – Our client was working when he fell from an overhead conveyor and suffered multiple injuries and was paralyzed.
- $700,000 – Our client was involved in a work-related construction-site accident in which a contractor’s air compressor exploded. He suffered shrapnel wounds, including extensive tissue and muscle loss in his thigh and buttocks.
- $680,000 – Our client, a painter, fell from a defective ladder rung. He suffered multiple brain and internal injuries.
- $450,000 – Our client was on the job, erecting a pole on a building. A crane on the construction site tipped, causing the extended boom to strike and pin him onto the roof. He suffered bowel lacerations and other internal injuries, in addition to scarring and back pain.
Protect Your Rights as an Injured Worker Now
We’re ready to fight for you – against your employer’s insurance company, the manufacturer of the defective product, and anyone else trying to deny you the money you deserve. From the moment you hire our law firm, our attorneys and legal staff go to work for you:
- Helping you file your workers’ compensation claim
- Dealing with the insurance company
- Investigating the cause of your work accident
- Enlisting the help of experts to examine the product
- Determining if you have a product injury case in addition to your workers’ compensation claim
- Handling the confusing paperwork
- Answering your workers’ compensation questions
If you aren’t sure whether hiring an attorney is worth it, remember our motto: “There’s never a fee unless we get money for you.” If we don’t get you workers’ compensation benefits or win your product injury case, you won’t owe us anything – we guarantee it.
Get a Free Legal Evaluation Today
Don’t let the confusing red tape prevent you from receiving workers’ compensation payments or collecting additional compensation for a product injury case. It’s a very confusing system, but we’re ready to help you get the money you need while you’re out of work.
Call 1-866-9-4EDGAR (1-866-943-3427), or fill out a free legal evaluation form at the top right of this webpage to find out if you have a case.
It’s absolutely free, with no strings attached. You’re not obligated to use our services, so you have nothing to lose. Protect your legal rights now.