Car Seat Safety Tips
If you have children, you want to do everything in your power to make sure your kids are safe – especially while riding in the car. From play dates to soccer games and vacations, there are many opportunities for even the safest drivers to be involved in a car accident.
How can you keep your kids safe? Knowing is the first step in preventing car seat and safety seat injuries. Follow these important car seat safety tips:
- Be sure to register your safety seat, so you will be notified if there is a safety recall.
- If your seat was already in a car accident in the past, don’t use it again. It could be damaged, even if you can’t see it.
- Use caution when buying car seats at consignment stores, Goodwill, and other second-hand stores, as well as receiving hand-me-downs. The car seat could be damaged.
- Don’t put the car seat in the front passenger seat. It can be really dangerous if the passenger side airbag goes off.
- Even if you’re just driving a short distance, make sure your child is strapped into the car seat – no exceptions. The majority of car accidents happen close to home.
- The safest place in a vehicle is the back seat. Children 12 and under should always ride in the back seat whenever possible.
- Read your car’s owner manual, the label on the seat belt, and the instructions on the car seat itself to make sure you use the child safety seat correctly.
- Many local fire departments, hospitals, car dealerships, and police departments can show you how to use your child restraint system safely. Take advantage of this resource. It’s a great way to answer any questions you may have.
- The best car seat is one that fits your child, fits your vehicle, and is easy to use correctly and safely every time.
- If your child weighs less than 40 pounds, never put him or her in a booster seat.
Did a Car Seat Defect Injure Your Child?
If you used your car seat correctly but a defect caused your child serious injuries, contact Edgar Snyder & Associates right away. You may have a product injury case.
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we’ve seen far too many children injured due to defective car seats. We know that this is a devastating time for your family, and we’re ready to take care of the legal hassles for you. Our attorneys have decades of experience handling product injury cases, and we’ve helped thousands of clients get the money they deserve for what they went through. We’re ready to do the same for your family.
Don’t Lose Evidence – Contact Us Now
Contact us immediately at 1-866-9-4EDGAR (1-866-943-3427), or submit your information online with the form at the top right of this page for a no obligation, free legal evaluation.
We’ll tell you if we think you have a case – no strings attached. And as always, there’s never a fee unless we get money for you.