Meet Injury Attorney Jason Lichtenstein
Attorney Jason Lichtenstein has an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating based on legal ability and general ethical standards. He also made the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, an honor awarded to the top five percent of state-wide lawyers. Based on results of the Super Lawyers selection process, Attorney Lichtenstein was listed as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania and one of the Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Attorney Lichtenstein was voted for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, an honor based on rigorous peer review. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Attorney Lichtenstein is a past Governor of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Civil Litigation Committee and speaks regularly at personal injury seminars and at the University of Pittsburgh. Prior to joining Edgar Snyder & Associates, he worked as a defense attorney representing insurance companies — experience that helps clients at Edgar Snyder & Associates.
Attorney Lichtenstein has tried numerous cases to verdict before juries across western Pennsylvania. He has also successfully handled hundreds of cases that have resulted in significant recoveries for his clients through settlement and mediation.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- 2013 Best Lawyers in America®
- 2010-2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2011
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2011-2013
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- Allegheny County Bar Association’s Civil Litigation Committee, Prior Governor
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania
Education and Licensing
Attorney Lichtenstein graduated from Lafayette College and received his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University Law School. He is licensed to practice law in all Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts, as well as in Maryland State Courts.
In the News
Attorney Lichtenstein is highly respected in the legal community and has been interviewed by the media on a variety of topics related to injury law, including dog bites. A sampling follows:
- Work Zones & Hazardous Road Conditions — “No Fee TV” — PCNC
- Car Accidents & Property Damage — “No Fee TV” — PCNC
- Dog Bite Safety 101 — “No Fee TV” — PCNC
- Preventing Dog Bites – a Resource for Baby Boomers — Grand Strand Boomers
- Preventing Dog Bites – a Resource for Those Who Are Widowed, Divorced, or Separated — Pittsburgh Better Times
- Dog Bite Safety and Prevention — Pittsburgh HealthCare Report
- Preventing Dog Bites – A Resource for Healthcare Workers– Western PA Hospital News
- Frequent speaker at the University of Pittsburgh’s Katz School of Business
- Wagner Insurance Agency – Reducing Risk Through Better Home and Car Safety Practices
- Brain Injury Alliance Support Group – Maximizing Recoveries, Dealing With Insurance Agencies
- Masonic Lodge – Maximizing Recoveries, Dealing With Insurance Agencies, Personal Insurance Needs
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute Seminar “Maximizing Your Client’s Recovery During Challenging Times” – Wrongful Death/Survival Act
- National Local Technical Assistance Program Association (NLTAPA) on Roadway Defects National Convention – plaintiff’s attorney in a Mock Trial
- Moderator of Continuing Legal Education seminars on litigating automobile accidents involving roadway defects
- Presenter at seminars involving roadway defect litigation, such as the 2008 Roadway Management Conference in Wheeling, West Virginia
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar – “Advising Your Clients About Liability Insurance”
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Association for Justice – “Auto Law – Subrogation and Liens”
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – “Plaintiff’s Perspective on UM/UIM Claims in PA”
- Panelist, Continuing Legal Education Seminar – “Finding and Working with the Right Expert for Your Legal Needs”
- Moderator and Presenter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – “Handling the Slip, Trip and Fall Case”
- Panelist and Presenter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – “Presenting and Defending Catastrophe Injury Cases”
- Moderator and Presenter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – “Slip, Trip and Fall: Winning Tactics for Settlement and Trial”
Attorney Lichtenstein is heavily involved with the Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and is active on their committee. He is also on the Board of Trustees at Community Day School, an independent K-8 day school in Pittsburgh.