Pennsylvania Auto Insurance: Obtaining Policy Discounts
While our experience has shown us that choosing lower amounts of Pennsylvania car insurance coverage (or foregoing it all together) is not the way to save money in the long run, there are several other ways that you can cut costs. Discounts can help.
Car insurance discounts are available for people with certain types of vehicles, vehicles with safety features, drivers with good driving records, and even students with good grades.
Check with your insurance company representative to see if you qualify. You may be eligible for discounts if:
- Your vehicle is equipped with passive seat belts
- Your vehicle has one or more air bags
- Your vehicle has a passive anti-theft device
- Your vehicle has an anti-lock braking system
- Your vehicle is a standard model, versus a sports or high performance vehicle
- You have an excellent or superior insurance score – credit rating
- You are a teenager who passes an approved driver’s education course
- You have high valued vehicles (agreed value) – some carriers give superior risk credits
- You are 55 years or older and take a driver improvement course
- You are a safe driver with a good driving record
- You hold multiple vehicle policies (including company cars)
- You have low mileage vehicles used for limited miles during the year (such as a collector vehicle)
- You maintain higher deductibles for Comprehensive and Collision Insurance coverage
- You have automobile and homeowners insurance through the same carrier
- You are a low mileage driver
- You are a student with good grades
- You are a youthful non-principal driver (such as students who are over 100 miles away from home)
Don’t be afraid to shop around for the insurance company that will give you the best price. Pennsylvania car insurance coverage costs can vary by hundreds of dollars. Be sure to mention anything that may qualify you for a discount.
Also, ask for higher deductibles on Collision and Comprehensive coverage, which can substantially lower your costs, or drop this particular coverage on older cars worth less than $1,000. Any claim you make wouldn’t greatly exceed the annual cost of the coverage plus the deductible.
Car Accident Injuries? Learn Your Legal Options Now
Millions of people are injured in car accidents every year – it can happen to anybody. If your life changed in an instant when you were seriously hurt in any type of auto accident, you may have a case. You also may have lots of questions – what should you sign and not sign? Can you trust the insurance company that covers the other driver? (No!) What should you do to protect your legal rights?
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we have answers, and we’re ready to help. Call 1-866-9-4EDGAR (1-866-943-3427), or fill out the form at the top right of this webpage for a free legal evaluation.